Brand Levitra 20mg
Levitra is used for:
Treating erectile dysfunction (ED). Levitra is a phosphodiesterase inhibitor. It works by helping to increase blood flow into the penis during sexual stimulation. This helps you to achieve and maintain an erection.
Do NOT use Levitra if:
• you are allergic to any ingredient in Levitra
• you have been advised by your doctor to avoid sexual activity because of heart problems
• you have certain heart problems (eg, unstable angina, severe heart failure), low blood pressure, or uncontrolled high blood pressure
• you have certain hereditary degenerative eye problems (eg, retinitis pigmentosa)
• you have severe liver problems or severe kidney problems that require dialysis
• you have had a heart attack, stroke, or life-threatening irregular heartbeat within the past 6 months
• you are taking nitrates in any form (eg, tablet, capsule, patch, ointment), nitroprusside, or certain antiarrhythmics (eg, quinidine, amiodarone)
• you use certain recreational drugs called poppers (eg, amyl nitrate, butyl nitrate)
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Levitra:
Some medical conditions may interact with Levitra . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
• if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
• if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
• if you have a deformed penis (eg, Peyronie disease, cavernosal fibrosis), blood problems (eg, sickle cell anemia, leukemia, multiple myeloma), or any other condition that may increase the risk of a prolonged erection (priapism)
• if you have a history of certain eye problems (eg, sudden vision loss, optic neuropathy, macular degeneration)
• if you have a history of liver or kidney problems, high or low blood pressure, ulcers, bleeding problems, blood vessel problems, or heart problems (eg, heart failure, aortic stenosis, angina)
• if you have a history of heart attack, stroke, a certain type of irregular heartbeat (long QT syndrome), or a family history of long QT syndrome
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Levitra . Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
• Alpha-blockers (eg, doxazosin), medicines for high blood pressure, nitrates (eg, isosorbide, nitroglycerin), or nitroprusside because severe low blood pressure with dizziness, lightheadedness, and fainting may occur
• Certain antiarrhythmics (eg, quinidine, amiodarone) because the risk of irregular heartbeat may be increased
• Azole antifungals (eg, itraconazole), HIV protease inhibitors (eg, ritonavir), macrolide antibiotics (eg, erythromycin), or telithromycin because they may increase the risk of Levitra 's side effects
• Rifampin because it may decrease Levitra 's effectiveness
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Levitra may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Levitra:
Use Levitra as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
• An extra patient leaflet is available with Levitra . Talk to your pharmacist if you have questions about this information.
• Take Levitra by mouth with or without food.
• Take Levitra about 1 hour before sexual activity.
• Do not take Levitra more often than once daily, or as directed by your doctor.
• If you miss a dose of Levitra and you still intend to engage in sexual activity, take it as soon as you remember. Continue to take it as directed by your doctor.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Levitra .
Important safety information:
• Levitra may cause dizziness, drowsiness, fainting, or blurred vision. These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Levitra with caution. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
• Levitra may cause dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting; alcohol, hot weather, exercise, or fever may increase these effects. To prevent them, sit up or stand slowly, especially in the morning. Sit or lie down at the first sign of any of these effects.
• Patients with heart problems who take Levitra may be at increased risk for heart-related side effects, including heart attack or stroke. Symptoms of a heart attack may include chest, shoulder, neck, or jaw pain; numbness of an arm or leg; severe dizziness, headache, nausea, stomach pain, or vomiting; fainting; or vision changes. Symptoms of a stroke may include confusion; vision or speech changes; one-sided weakness; or fainting. Contact your doctor or seek medical attention right away if you experience these symptoms.
• Levitra may rarely cause a prolonged, painful erection. This could happen even when you are not having sex. If this is not treated right away, it could lead to permanent sexual problems such as impotence. Contact your doctor right away if this happens.
• Levitra may uncommonly cause mild, temporary vision changes (eg, blurred vision, sensitivity to light, blue/green color tint to vision). Contact your doctor if vision changes persist or are severe.
Possible side effects of Levitra:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
• Dizziness; flushing; headache; heartburn; stuffy or runny nose; upset stomach.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
• Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); back or muscle pain; chest pain; fainting; prolonged, painful erection; ringing in the ears; severe or persistent dizziness; severe or persistent vision changes; sudden hearing loss.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur.
Proper storage of Levitra:
Store Levitra at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Levitra out of the reach of children and away from pets.